1. a. To break violently or noisily; smash: The dishes crashed to pieces on the floor.
b. To undergo sudden damage or destruction on impact: The car crashed into a tree.
2. To make a sudden loud noise: The cymbals crash at the end of each measure.
3. To move noisily or so as to cause damage: went crashing through the woods.
4. To undergo a sudden severe downturn, as a market or economy.
5. Computers: To stop functioning due to a crash.
6. Slang: To undergo a period of unpleasant feeling or depression as an aftereffect of drug-taking.
7. Slang: a. To find temporary lodging or shelter, as for the night.
b. To fall asleep from exhaustion.