26/10/17 The Difference between Politics and Policy
- Politics can be defined as a science or art of governing or government, especially governing a political entity like a nation. A policy can be defined as an overall plan that embraces the general goals.
- Politics refers to authority and refers to public life. Politics generally revolves round government and its activities. Politics is a term that refers to the organizational process.
- Policy can be termed as a “principle.”
- A policy can also be termed as a commitment or statement of intent. It is because of the policy that people, an organization, or a party is held accountable. Policy is a set of rules or principles that guide decisions.
- Political parties run the government which all adhere to certain policies.
- A policy can also be said to be a course or action that is proposed by a government, an individual, business firm, or any party.
- Politics refers to the theory and practice of governance.