- Traditionally, English has used he in cases where the sex of a person is not known, or in references that can apply to either men or women, especially in a formal style.
- If I ever find the person who did that, I’ll kill him.
- If a student is ill, he must send his medical certificate to the College office.
- A doctor can’t do a good job if he doesn’t like people.
- A doctor can’t do a good job if he or she doesn’t like people.
- If anybody wants my tickets, they can have it.
- “There’s somebody at the door.” “Tell them I’m out.”
- When a person gets married, they have to start thinking about theirresponsibilities.
- God send everyone their heart’s desire. (Shakespeare)