18/8/17 Prepositional Pairings
Today we’ll offer you a short list of some prepositional pairings.
Some wordings cause even the most experienced writers to pause. For example, should it be conform to or conform with? As it happens, they’re both perfectly proper.
What follows is a listing of some useful preposition pairings.
- Abandoned BY <a spouse>; FOR <another plan>
- Abuse OF <power>; take abuse FROM a person; heap abuse ON a person
- Accuse OF something
- Answer FOR an act; TO a person or authority
- Benefit OF or FROM an advantage; FOR or TO a person
- Care FOR a dependent; ABOUT something, someone
- Collaborate WITH a person; IN, ON or OVER an enterprise, an initiative
- Compare WITH something else; TO something else