9/4/18 The Meaning of Minimum
The smallest amount or number allowed or possible:
- Wage increases are being kept to a minimum because of the recession.
- Let’s hope we can get the job done with a minimum of interference.
- We need a minimum of ten people to play this game.
- Traffic diversions will be kept to a minimum throughout the festival.
- If your bank account balance falls below the minimum, you’ll get a $5 service charge.
- She eats only the bare minimum to stay alive.
- You need a minimum of three players for this game.
- To open an account, you have to deposit a minimum of $500.
Idiom: keep something to a minimum
To make something as small, few, or little as possible.
- Do what you can to keep construction dust to a minimum. The dust should be kept to a minimum.